To my patients:
It has been a true privilege to care for you and develop meaningful relationships with each one of you. Our relationship provides one of the most fulfilling aspects of my work and is the reason for some important and innovative changes to the way I practice endocrinology.
I am excited to tell you about my new practice model and invite you to join me. Ideally, I would have shared this news with you personally.
Why make a change?
Unfortunately, the current state of healthcare does not provide physicians enough time for a detailed and individualized approach. Demands from insurances and regulatory agencies have eroded the interaction between patients and their doctor. To regain control from these outside forces, I have decided to redesign my practice as a membership medicine model.
The new model will help us invest more in our precious patient-physician relationship. I will have more time to evaluate you as a whole person, from your environmental and lifestyle factors – to your hormonal and metabolic needs.
The human body and illnesses are intricate and connected. To help my patients in more profound ways, I became board-certified in the fields of hypertension, lipidology, and obesity medicine – and am proud to be the only endocrinologist in the US to hold this extensive knowledge. When appropriate, I go beyond the field of endocrinology and tap into deeper insights to guide you in understanding complex medical interactions and decisions. We can ultimately focus on preventing or reversing your disease process – so you can be healthier and happier!
What does our change mean for you?
I will be limiting the size of my practice to just a few hundred patients. This will allow you to enjoy many important benefits not found in a typical medical practice today — which should translate into better health and vitality for you! Your membership supports the following benefits that your insurance premium does not.
- Comprehensive Yearly Endocrine and Metabolic Evaluation + Lifestyle Medicine Assessment: I will gather detailed information on your health and lifestyle and do an in-depth review of your wellness goals — beyond what a typical insurance-covered or Medicare-covered annual evaluation includes. I will create with you a customized plan of care to help you achieve your goals – with an emphasis on the root cause of illness, prevention, and lifestyle factors.
- Ongoing health support and communication: Throughout the year I will provide you with close monitoring and necessary adjustments, and follow-up visits to promote and reinforce healthy lifestyle habits. Your support includes health coaching for Nutrition, Fitness, Stress Management, and Sleep Health.
- Your “go-to” main doctor: I consolidate your overall care beyond the field of endocrinology, and ultimately may serve as your key physician.
- Enough time: Time to be heard, understood, and cared for thoroughly.
- Always your own doctor: Dr. Tashko. Every visit. Every call. Every time.
- Peace of mind: Sometimes a direct text, email, or phone chat with your doctor is all you need. Prompt prescription renewals and direct follow up on labs and test results.
- Consideration: Same- or next-day virtual or office visits. On time, unhurried and relaxed.
- Advocacy: Help with navigating your care in a complex healthcare system.
- Savings: Save on unnecessary urgent care visits, hospital admission, and medications. In addition, your membership fee may be reduced / offset by tax benefits:
- The fee is designed to be eligible for HSA, FSA or HRA funds — please check with your tax advisor.
- Based on your annual medical expense threshold, the fee may be partially or fully tax free.
The membership model has demonstrated that patients achieve improved health outcomes, undergo fewer hospitalizations, need less medications, and feel in more control of their own health.
I am confident that our new practice will redefine your expectations for excellent medical care!
How to continue as my patient
After November 30, 2022, we will only be seeing patients who have elected to join. We understand that some people will not choose to stay with the practice, and will provide names of local physicians.
Since we will accept a limited number of patients, I encourage you to inform us as soon as possible to assure your place and benefit from our lower Founders’ pricing (see details). Our programs are designed to be eligible for HSA, HRA or FSA funds. We will continue to accept most major insurances.
Are you ready to join our practice?
Fantastic! Here are the straightforward ways to join:
- You can sign up online now – but payments start December 1st
- Contact Cortney, our Membership Coordinator, at 301-658-3586 or admin@GThealth.net
For more information, you may attend an information session or simply call our office. We are always happy to talk with you and answer your questions.
It has been a privilege to be your physician over the years. I am passionate about the practice change. It will bring to the forefront our precious patient-physician partnership as it was originally meant to be — and can lead to a happier and healthier you.
With warm regards,
Dr. Gerti Tashko