To my current & future patients:
It is a true privilege to care for and develop meaningful relationships with each of you. Our relationship provides one of the most fulfilling aspects of my work and is the reason for some important and innovative changes to the way I practice endocrinology.
I am excited to tell you about my practice model and invite you to join me.
Why do we use a membership model?
The current state of healthcare does not provide physicians with adequate time for an individualized and integrative approach. Demands from insurance companies and regulatory agencies have eroded the interaction between patients and their doctors. To regain control from these outside forces, I have redesigned my practice as a membership medicine model.
Our model allows us to invest more in our precious patient-physician relationship. I have more time to evaluate you as a whole person – taking into account your lifestyle, personal goals, hormones, and metabolic needs.
The human body and illnesses are intricate and connected. To help my patients in more profound ways, I became board-certified in the fields of hypertension, lipidology, and obesity medicine – and am proud to be the only endocrinologist in the US to hold this extensive knowledge.
When necessary, I expand my expertise beyond endocrinology and explore in-depth insights to help you understand complex medical interactions and decisions. Together, we can focus on preventing or reversing your disease process, promoting longevity – so ultimately, you can be healthier and happier!
What does our way of practicing mean for you?
The size of my practice is limited to just a few hundred patients. This allows you to enjoy many important benefits not found in a typical medical practice today — which should translate into better health and vitality for you! Your membership supports the following benefits that your insurance premium does not.
- Comprehensive Yearly Endocrine and Metabolic Evaluation + Lifestyle Medicine Assessment: I will gather detailed information on your health and lifestyle and do an in-depth review of your wellness goals — beyond what a typical insurance-covered or Medicare-covered annual evaluation includes. I will create with you a customized plan of care to help you achieve your goals – with an emphasis on the root cause of illness, prevention, and lifestyle factors.
- Ongoing health support and communication: Throughout the year I will provide you with close monitoring and necessary adjustments, and follow-up visits to promote and reinforce healthy lifestyle habits. Your support includes health coaching for Nutrition, Fitness, Stress Management, and Sleep Health.
- Your “go-to” main doctor: I consolidate your overall care beyond the field of endocrinology, and ultimately may serve as your key physician.
- Adequate time: Time to be heard, understood, and cared for thoroughly.
- Always your own doctor: Dr. Tashko. Every visit. Every call. Every time.
- Peace of mind: Sometimes a direct text, email, or phone chat with your doctor is all you need. Prompt prescription renewals and direct follow up on labs and test results.
- Consideration: Same- or next-day virtual or office visits. On time, unhurried and relaxed.
- Advocacy: Help with navigating your care in a complex healthcare system.
- Savings: Save on unnecessary urgent care visits, hospital admission, and medications. In addition, your membership fee may be reduced / offset by tax benefits:
- The fee is designed to be eligible for HSA, FSA or HRA funds — please check with your tax advisor.
- Based on your annual medical expense threshold, the fee may be partially or fully tax free.
The membership model has shown that patients experience improved health outcomes, fewer hospitalizations, reduced medication use, and a greater sense of control over their health.
I am confident that our practice will redefine your expectations for excellent medical care!
Are you ready to join our practice?
We currently have a limited number of membership spots available, so I encourage you to become a member promptly. Our program is designed to be eligible for HSA, HRA or FSA funds. We accept most major insurances.
For more information, you may call our office at 301-658-3586 or email us at admin@GThealth.net. We are always happy to talk with you and answer your questions.
I am passionate about our practice model, which brings our precious patient-physician relationship to the forefront of healthcare as it was originally intended. This can only lead to a happier and healthier you.
It is a privilege to be your physician!
With warm regards,
Dr. Gerti Tashko